So you’re not a skier or snowboarder but would still love to visit Tahoe this winter.
Well, we say no skis, no problem! There are lots of winter adventures that don’t require any lift tickets, gear—or coordination.
Read on for other winter fun ideas:
- Sledding: A true winter classic, go sledding in North Tahoe Regional Park, just minutes from sister resort Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge in Tahoe Vista. At the entrance of the park is a small sledding hill that’s perfect match for first time and young sledders. Bring your own sleds, pay the $5 parking fee, and get ready to have a good time!
- Snowshoe hiking: Strap on a pair of these boat-like walking devices and head out on a hike. They make walking through snow so much easier—and more fun. We suggest heading out to Chickadee Ridge—a two-mile hike where you can feed tiny birds right out of your hand! Best of all? Our Tahoe resorts offer complimentary snowshoes with your stay.
- Disco tubing: Bringing disco nights to the snow! Head to SnoVenture Activity Zone after dark where you can spin down the snow tube runs to music and lights. Live DJs spin fun, family-friendly hits from 5-8pm on Saturdays and holidays. This is a great socially-distanced outdoor activity that’s a guaranteed blast for the whole family.
- Dog sledding: Looking for an epic adventure that’s on a different level? Go dashing through the snow in a husky-drawn sled! Sit back as an expert musher leads you on a 5-mile tour through the woods and past the lakes that comprise the High Sierra winter wonderland. You even get a chance to play with the cute dogs afterwards!
- Hot springs: Thaw out from all that winter fun in one of the area’s many natural hot springs. These geothermal pools of mineral water have long been considered to contain healing properties. While science hasn’t confirmed that, they are definitely a fun and relaxing way to warm up. Click here for a list of hot springs in the Tahoe area.
Whatever cold-weather activity you decide on, book a stay at Red Wolf Squaw Valley, located right in the heart of all the winter fun!